At some point in life, we have all experienced unexplained weight gain, swelling of the legs or hands, weakness or cramps. And this could be the result of fluid retention.
Fluid retention can be caused by bad habits in our diet. So, here are 12 tips to help prevent this.
- Increase consumption of foods rich in water and electrolytes such as radish, turnip, cauliflower, watermelon, strawberry, melon, pineapple, apple or carrot ;
- activities that promote blood circulation as walking, dancing or cycling.
- Take adequate amount of water, 2 liters per day (8 glasses).
- Reduce salt intake and replace it with herbs and spices.
- Avoid foods high in sugar and salt.
- Eating enough protein for lack of attention in their diet can be reduced production of albumin and thus accumulate fluid between tissues.
- Making lymphatic drainage , which is a specific massage to reduce excess fluid in the body
- Get enough rest. Rest is essential to prevent fluid retention and especially if it is located in the lower limbs, for example legs.
- consume tea and other herbal infusions in most cases have a diuretic effect.
- If your work activity requires you to sit for a long time, get up at least once every hour and gives a light walk around the room.
- Do not wear tight clothes, shoes or socks.
- Put your legs in the air at the end of the day.
If you add these habits actions, and avoid the consumption of soft drinks, coffee or refined flour, you will feel and you will be much better.