The professional routine requires you to fulfill commitments in the morning, afternoon and evening? We have to have a lot of energy to follow this crazy pace of modern life. Did you know that what you put on the table can help you gain more strength and energy? Here I show you good tips and 6 foods that will help you keep in high energy.
- Cook with coconut oil. Coconut oil have medium chain triglycerides, type of fat that is quickly transformed into energy.
- Eat fruits! The natural sugar found in fruits is great to give an agreed when you are tired, in addition to maintaining stable blood sugar; not to mention that fruits in general are full of fiber. Make a breakfast smoothie with fruit and yogurt because it helps regulate the release of energy. Bananas are rich in potassium and B vitamins, and maintain stable glucose levels and help to slow down digestion (a process that requires a lot of energy in the body).
- Eat nuts. Cashews, almonds and hazelnuts have enough magnesium, which plays an important role in converting sugar into energy. They are excellent sources of protein, fiber and nutrients. Keep a bag with nuts at your side during the routine day to day and see energized for the day.
- Consume whole grains. Carbohydrates provide 60% of the energy needed to make your body work and whole grains are full of complex carbohydrates, which are full of vitamins and minerals. Eating bread can prevent an increase in blood glucose after a meal. According to the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, this means fewer power outages than when you eat other carbohydrates or processed foods. Healthy foods such as oatmeal and whole wheat bread, take longer to digest and provide a continuous power. Processed carbohydrates such as white bread, provide a boost of energy that goes away as quickly as it came. Quinoa is a source of fiber, B vitamins, protein and complex carbohydrates. Its nutritious grains will give you the feeling of being satisfied and energized until your next meal.
- Eat Goji Berries. Considered one of the fruits that benefit most from health, goji berries have been used to increase energy and release of hormones for thousands of years in Chinese medicine. They increase the body’s ability to withstand stress and assist in mood, mind and healthier memory while giving the energy you need.
- Consume eggs. Eggs have a lot of iron and protein able to provide energy throughout the day, in addition to having B vitamin necessary for brain function and energy production.
And…. don’t forget to drink water. Drinking water in general is important for the health of all. But why water is so important for our health? Water helps transport nutrients that we use for energy for your cells and without it we can not metabolize food or energy. The recommended amount of water for daily consumption is 2 liters, with much of this value can be obtained through the food you eat. Watermelon, for example, is a food full of liquid and very tasty.
What not to do?
- Eat as little fat as possible.
- Hypoglycemia (lack of blood sugar) causes weakness, so it’s important to eat every meal.
- Avoid eating foods of slow digestion, like refined sugar: it provides a quick charge of energy, but the feeling of a breeze coming soon to follow.
- Avoid foods that hinder the digestive process, making you feel heavy, without the slightest desire to move. Cut excess sugar, avoid milk and dairy products in full, soft drinks, fried foods, cakes with filling and topping and creamy ice cream.